How To...create lovely leopard print nails
Leopard print nails are enduringly popular - everyone seems to love them whether they are in natural animal shades or bright neons!
This tutorial shows you four different ways to create amazing leopard print designs that you can use on natural or enhanced nails - the only limit is your imagination!
1. Easy two-step leopard print nail art tutorial
You will need:
- Two different colours of nail varnish
- One nail art striper in a contrasting colour
Firstly, prepare your nail as per your usual manicure with your first polish colour and wait until the polish is touch dry.
- Step 1 - using your second polish colour, dab on small spots. Make sure you don't load your brush with too much polish as you want the spots to be flat - you also want them to be random shapes, not perfectly round! Here, I've made a stripe of small spots across the nail but you could cover the whole nail or just a part of it.
- Step 2 - when your spots have dried, use your striper to create a line of colour on two opposite sides of the spots. Don't overload your brush, just use a tiny bit of colour to highlight the spots - your not outlining it, just creating that characteristic leopard dappling!
When your colour is dry, don't forget to top coat to protect your lovely leopard nail art!
|Step 1||Step 2|
You don't need to stick to just one colour for Leopard print nails - follow China Glaze's tutorial to create Leopard print nails with a difference!
Cheat's one-step leopard print nails - coming soon
Quick nail sticker leopard print design - coming soon
Leopard print foils - coming soon