How to...use nail stickers
Tutorial - how to use nail stickers
Nailtopia's instant nail art nail stickers are the quickest and easiest way to apply lasting nail art. It's this easy!
What you'll need:
- Beautiful nails - you can use our nail stickers on natural, acrylic or gel nails. This tutorial concentrates on natural and acrylic nails.
- Nail varnish - we recommend using a good quality professional product for lasting wear
- Nail stickers
- Tweezers or an orange stick
- Top coat/nail art sealer
1. Varnish natural or acrylic nails.
2. When varnish is touch dry, lift your chosen Nailtopia nail stickers from their backing sheet with tweezers or an orange stick.
3. Place nail stickers gently on nail - when you are happy with their position, pat down with an orange stick.
4. Protect your nail stickers with a top coat. Use a good quality top coat for lasting wear - if you're using an ordinary top coat, re-cover nails every other day as this will wear off.
Because your nails produce their own natural oils, nail stickers won't stick well unless nails are varnished. If you don't want to use a coloured nail varnish, paint them with a clear nail varnish or top coat first.
If you're doing your own nails, make sure you take your nail stickers out of their packet and have an orange stick or tweezers to hand before you put your nail varnish on - that way you won't smudge your polish when taking them out of the pack!
When applying larger stickers, pat from the centre to the edges to make sure no air is trapped under the sticker as this can cause slight bubbling in the top coat.
You might find orange sticks better for small, floral stickers but you might find it easier to use tweezers with larger, more delicate or lacy stickers. Experiment to find which works best for you!
Can I apply nail stickers on gel nails?
Yes, you can. Nailtopia's nail stickers will adhere to gel polish and can be sealed either with a clear top coat or a clear gel. We always advice beauty professionals to test out stickers with their gel system - and please remember, not all nail stickers on the market have the same high level of adhesion that Nailtopia's stickers have!
Allergy advice: Nail stickers contain synthetic latex so are not recommended for people who are allergic to latex.
How to get nail stickers to stick - by Cosmetologist Mimi Bullock
by Julia Brooksbank *copyright Nailtopia Ltd *firstname.lastname@example.org